Haldimand & Norfolk Women’s Services is dedicated to a non-oppressive, social, political, and economic environment for women, their children and their communities.
Haldimand & Norfolk Women’s Services is a charitable, non-profit corporation governed by a Board of Directors. Programs and services are funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, the Ministry of Health, and the Ministry of the Attorney General. Our many programs and services are enhanced by the generous support of community donations.
In addition to the programs and services for women who have experienced abuse and children who have witness abuse, we educate and advocate for social, cultural, and political change for women’s equality and human rights. HNWS provides support and advocacy to all individuals who identify as she/her/they/them.
- Integrity. Our work is guided by exceptional and consistent standards of excellence and accountability
- Transparency. We work openly and honestly with women, families, stakeholders, and our community
- Non-judgement. Each individual story is unique. We honour individual experiences and aim to provide services that reflect the needs of each person we serve
- Equity. We work to dismantle barriers, promote equitable systems, and address marginalization in our community
- Wellness. We aim to promote and support thehealth and well-being of the whole person.